Foreign citizens who plan to move to Asia have very good options when it comes to countries. Among these there is also Vietnam which provides plenty of employment and business opportunities. Those who want to immigrate to Vietnam have several options in terms of visas, but also residence permits, in accordance with the reason they have and how long they plan on staying here. If you want to move to this country, an immigration lawyer can be your guide on how to obtain a Vietnamese visa.
Below, we invite you to discover how our immigration lawyer in Vietnam can help you.
|Entry visa requirement||
Types of visas available
– student visas,
– work permit,
– temporary residence permit
Time frame for obtaining work visa (approx.)
Approx. one month
|Validity of temporary residence permit||
3 to 10 years
|Temporary residence permit renewal requirements||
The conditions under which it was obtained must remain in place
|Documents for obtaining a residence permit||
– application form,
– valid passport,
– proof of accommodation,
– sponorship letter,
– other documents based on the reason of immigration
|Time frame for obtaining permanent residence (approx.)||
|Investor Visa availability (YES/NO)||
Yes, the minimum investment amount is VND 3 billion (approx. USD 132,000)
|Start-up Visa Scheme availability (YES/NO)||
|Sponsorship requirement (YES/NO)||Yes|
|Time frame for obtaining citizenship||
5 years based on permanent residence
|Citizenship/Residency by investment scheme availability (YES/NO)||
Yes, investor visa
|Taxation of foreign citizens||
– 20% on employment income,
– 1% – 5% on business income,
– 5% on interest/dividend/royalties income
|Tax benefits for expats||
– flat personal income tax rate,
– access to approx. 80 double tax treaties
Table of Contents
Types of visas for those who immigrate to Vietnam
The Vietnamese authorities issue various types of visas for visits and short-term stays, however, these are easy to obtain with the help of our specialists, which is why we will direct our attention to the residency options a foreign citizen wants.
From this point of view, our immigration lawyers in Vietnam advise on temporary and permanent residence permits which also bring various benefits.
Also, if you are interested in immigration to Hanoi, we are at your service. We are also at your service if you want to apply for citizenship in Vietnam, as you can read below:
How to move to Vietnam and obtain temporary residency
Temporary residency is available for the following category of persons who want to relocate to Vietnam:
- foreign citizens who come here for employment purposes (certain conditions apply);
- individuals who come here as members of diplomatic missions or representative offices;
- persons who enter Vietnam under one of the L, D, N, P, and T visas (our Vietnamese lawyer can provide information on these types of visas).
In order to obtain a temporary residence permit, a foreign citizen must stay in Vietnam for a at least one calendar year and his/her passport must have a validity of at least 13 months.
The work permit can be used for obtaining temporary residency if the employment contract signed by the foreign citizen has a validity of 12 months.
It is also possible to immigrate to Vietnam by starting a business here. For this purpose, the incorporation documents can be used as proof of relocation and reason for applying for residency.
If you need guidance on the paperwork to draft when moving here, our immigration lawyer can explain Vietnamese regulations.
Our law firm in Vietnam is at the service of all foreign investors interested in setting up companies or in need of other services.
The investor visa in Vietnam
Foreign citizens who want to move to Vietnam by setting up a company can apply for the investor visa. It should be noted that there are several categories of this visa that can be accessed based on the amount of money invested.
Here are the main aspects related to immigration to Vietnam based on investment:
- the DT1 visa which is issued to foreign investors who can invest at least 100 billion VND in specific business operations and industries;
- the DT 2 visa which is issued to investors who can inject at least between 50 billion and 100 billion in fields approved by the government;
- the DT3 visa which is available for entrepreneurs interested in investing between 3 billion and 50 billion VND;
- the DT4 visa which can be accessed by those who want to invest less than 3 billion VND.
The main difference between the categories of this visa is the validity period. In this sense:
- the DT1 and DT2 visas are valid for up to 5 years;
- the DT3 visa is valid for 3 years;
- the DT4 visa has a validity 12 months.
Vietnam is one of the few countries to offer such an array of investment options in terms of financial requirements which is one of the best reasons to choose to relocate here.
If you decide for the capital of Vietnam, we can help with immigration to Hanoi. Aslo, we can help you apply for citizenship in Vietnam. Here is also a video on our services:
We are also at your disposal with other services, such as debt collection.
Work with our immigration lawyers in Vietnam
Vietnam is one of the most appealing destinations in Asia. With a thriving economy which guarantees work and business opportunities, immigrating here can be a good solution for people all over the world.
Our immigration lawyer can help you with the following when it comes to Vietnamese relocation:
- guidance in choosing a suitable type of visa;
- assistance in preparing the necessary documents in accordance with your relocation reason;
- support in filing the documents and updates on your visa application status;
- post-immigration support.
Our Vietnamese lawyers can also help you once you enter the country. We can guide on you on the registration with the local authorities, including with the General Department of Taxation.
If you are interested in immigration to Vietnam and need assistance, contact our local law firm for quick services tailored to your needs. You can also rely on us for guidance in obtaining citizenship in Vietnam.